Sunday, March 30, 2014

Next Up....

Immediate Plans...

So I've just finished a major rebuild of the Constitution class... What next?  The next step is to knock out a couple variations on the same essential hull configuration.  Those include the
Andromeda, Apollo, Kirov, Slava, maybe one or two others.
Visual references here: Jaynz.trekships.com

Edit: So lets see...
1. Add the upper Nacelle to make an Andromeda
2. Lower the side Nacelles to make the Slava.
3. Remove the upper Nacelle to make a Kirov
4. Remove the secondary hull from the Slava to make a Carlson
5.  Something like that.  I may be tired of this series by then...

I also have some TMP era Miranda  variants that are about 90% complete.  None of these are new projects, but a squadron of new ships for the effort of a few nacelles is hard to pass up.



So what of the Federation class?  Upon closer inspection I discovered the Federation class actually uses a different secondary hull than the Constitution.  It constitutes a major rebuild, rather than a minor variation.  Will I get to it?  Maybe.  For the moment, the almost identical Slava will have to stand in.

What then?  People seem most interested in the Intrepid.  Which works... It's like a half-scale practice run at the Galaxy.  ...And I already have a nice wire-frame skeleton from my Voxel Tutorial

Output schedule??? NONE!  I will continue to build at a pace that satisfies my amusement.  If at any point  this starts to feel like work, I reserve the right to quit until the bug bites me again.



Continue the Intrepid?
  41 (64%)
Continue the Galaxy
  31 (48%)
Refit the aliens for .14 (D7, K'Tinga, Orion)
  9 (14%)
Constellation class
  17 (26%)
TOS Romulan
  10 (15%)
Mid-sized Drydock
  16 (25%)
Steamrunner
  17 (26%)
Sabre
  14 (21%)
Cardassian Galor
  9 (14%)
Dominion, Jem'hadar
  12 (18%)
Luna Class
  14 (21%)

No comments:

Post a Comment